Monday, December 7, 2009

The Tell Tail Heart ATTACK!


A visit from this mouse was NOT welcome! While reaching inside the food bin- with both hands, to refill the chick feeder, this little field mouse was scrambling frantically for safety. To say I was startled is a gross understatement! I ran to the studio to explain the reason for the blood curdling screams that disrupted the quite autumn afternoon and to assure my family that I was indeed safe and not needing emergency assistance. I returned to the coop with the aide of a willing boy who was visiting the studio with his family. We turned the field mouse loose near the small wood pile just outside the coop. We were both amazed how far this little creature could leap. The thirst for freedom is a powerful motivator.


No comments:

Post a Comment