Tuesday, November 24, 2009

How Sweet it is!


Fresh local apples and a handy gadget that peels and cores apples in a jiffy...and Voila! Okay, so I have been cheating with the store bought pie crusts from Pillsbury--"America's #1 Pie Crust," so the label claims. The ingredients listed do contain partially hydrogenated lard- but hey, it's pie for goodness sake-a treat. Treats are not intended to be staples of a healthy diet; so why are America's shopping carts filled with potato chips and pop each week? Chew on this "food for thought" this Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

  1. I feel vindicated!!! All these years I thought you were making the crusts from scratch and now...Sob, it's okay to use Pillsbury. My Thanksgiving apple pie most likely would have been classed as a deadly weapon, yep, you could have launched that baby and done some serious cranial dammage.(And i wanted to..)
    Now, the canned filling I made was pretty good, so I say let's go with the Pillsbury every time. (Martha Stewart I ain't)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BritChick- For years I did make pie crust from scratch-but last year I voiced my exasperation at the thought of the messy process of homemade pie crust. A co-worker gave me the Pillsbury tip and I have been hooked on cheating with Pillsbury since Thanksgiving 2008!

    ReplyDelete