Thursday, October 22, 2009

Apples and Omega 3 Fatty Acids; for Jim

A bushel of Cortland apples; yum! The porch is bursting with ferns and a few geraniums. Soon they will head upstairs to surround the indoor pond we create for the goldfish. Good thing we did not remodel and take down the groovy mirrors and grow lights from the 1980's. The space has come in handy for wintering over plants and having a mini paradise throughout the cold winter- which is coming soon enough.

Jim stumbled onto this blog while searching for information on Omega 3 fatty acids and eggs.

Current research suggest that a healthy diet should include essential fatty acids such as Omega 3. Industrial farm practices have greatly reduced the amounts of fatty acids in the foods we commonly eat. My free range chickens will provide me with brown eggs rich in Omega 3 fatty acids. Check out the November issue of Prevention Magazine for more information on this topic and other health and wellness tips.

P.S. Mom, keep eating that Albacore tuna--it's rich in Omega 3's. Wild salmon (NOT farmed salmon) is also a good source of Omega 3's.




2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jo was amazed when you called the chickens by name they came to you. Also how clean the coop is. Jozina [aka mom]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The girls are good. They have been going next door to Mike's and when I yell at them they all come running. This morning I went on the deck in slippers and bathrobe- they heard me and come running from the lot line! I keep the coop clean- I don't want them sitting in pooh--they would happily I'm sure; but I won't let that happen.

    ReplyDelete