Sunday, October 4, 2009

trespassing

Okay...I am fine with the chickens roosting in the pine trees next to the road- only because they all came running when they heard me sweeping the coop with a broom- which they usually fear! So after realizing that they will be fine in the pines, I thought I was homefree... until this morning.
As Jay (hubby) was eating breakfast he spotted a chicken roaming about in front of the huge silver maples. My flock made their way into the front of the studio. As I was putting on my shoes (a pair I have assigned to coop duties) he was laughing and continued to laugh as I made my way out the door to investigate. Sure enough...they were out front- in the neighbor"s yard just beyond the row of bushes that separate our yards. Yikes! I had to trespass around the bushes and shooed them into our yard. Thankfully the flock of thirteen then dutifully followed me back to the coop. They were richly rewarded with some scatch feed; however, Sunday chicken dinner is starting to sound good!

No comments:

Post a Comment